There is no debate that President Trump has done more for the military that any other person in our country’s history.
The first two years of the President’s term has been very productive and people-oriented.
He has made it clear to terrorists that America will fight back and win, he has focused on the nation’s veterans, and provided the military the funding it needs to do their job effectively.
Focusing on President Trump and His Military Achievements
President Trump has made the military and those that serve a top priority of his term in office.
Before his presidency started, he made promises that we aimed at the military. So far many of those promises have come true
- Reforming the Office of Veteran Affairs. The President has taken reform to new levels with the VA. Many of the initiatives that he has put into place has allowed transparency in the VA healthcare system. He reformed the Mission Act which gives the nations veterans choices they have never had before. He has made it possible for those returning to active duty to get the services they need in order to retake civilian life.
- President Trump also has created a realm of protection for people needing to speak out against wrongs done when it comes to the VA. People can now speak up and bring to light issues that have for a long time been pushed into silence.
- The President signed a $716 billion defense bill called the National Defense Authorization Act. This provided the stated amount for 2019 to be used by the military as their budget. It may not be the highest amount ever provided to the military, but it certainly comes close. It can be seen as a sign of what is coming from the President for the military.
- President Trump has also made it a point to increase the size of the navy’s ship count to 355. His focus is to provide the navy with what it needs in order to protect this country effectively. In the President’s view there are not enough ships to carry out the defense of this country from threats around the world. Congress still needs to act and do their part to see this become a reality. For right now the President remains determined to support the nation’s military.
- Delivering on his campaign promises, President Trump has seen the defeat of ISIS in Iraq and Syria. Once where the Islamic State reigned and terrorized people have been freed by the United States and their allies. This group has lost most of its territory that it once controlled. The Islamic State continues to lose ground and power due to the efforts of the United States and its allies.
- President Trump has also delivered on the campaign promise to have nations that partner with the United States through NATO to pay more of their fair share of the cost. So far 25 nations have stepped up their support which makes a difference.
- The President has also provided the largest pay raise to the military in the past ten years. He knows that paying the people that serve this country well only motivates them to serve better. They know that their country is behind them with full support.
- Trump has also developed a new defense for protection from bio-warfare. This new strategy provides the needed protection from people and biochemical weapons.
- He has also issued an executive order that keeps the much-needed detention centers in Guantanamo Bay open for use. These centers are used to keep questionable people in custody until it can be determined if they are a threat or not to the security of this county.
There is no doubt that President Trump continues to deliver on his promises that he has made.
His attention to the military is spectacular and will only intensify as he pushes to make the changes that are desperately needed.
The nations veterans are beginning to see changes that are a long time coming under his presidency. The military is gaining strength every day so it can protect this country the way it is intended to.
The United States of America needs a strong President that is willing to stand up to those seeking to destroy from inside the borders and those on the outside. President Trump is that strong president.